Main Menu

Explore More


Southgate Community School Logo

Enrollment Information and Forms

It's a great time to be a titan!

Preschool RECRUITMENT - gsrp or tiny titans Tuition program

If you are interested in our free and tuition-based preschool programming, start your process at this link. Once you submit, you will be contacted by our Early Childhood Director for next steps. More information is available at our Early Childhood webpage.

Preschool Recruitment

Grades Kdg-12 Pre-Registration 



Enrollment Office

                                           13940 Leroy St., Southgate, Michigan 48195  (west wing of Davidson Middle School)                                                  Connie Swistara, Central Enrollment  (734) 246-4600 Ext: 6219

Starting with 2024-2025, Young 5s will only be available at Shelters Elementary.

north pointe elementary - candidate school* 

North Pointe is a Candidate School* for the International Baccalaureate PYP. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that North Pointe believes is important for our students. 

If you are interested in our K-5 North Pointe Elementary - Candidate School*, start your process at this link. Once you submit, you will be contacted by the principal to guide you from enrollment to your first day of school. More information about North Pointe is available on our North Pointe Elementary webpage.

*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme, or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit

North Pointe Interest

School of Choice  2024-2025-Choose to be a Titan! 

Applications for School of Choice for those who live outside of Southgate for School of Choice will be accepted within the following windows. Once your School of Choice enrollment is approved, you may use the enrollment links above to register. Access our list of available spots through the School of Choice Program Link.

 Grades K-11: March 4-22, August 5-15; North Pointe: March 4-22, May 6-10, August 5-9; Atlas: August 8 - September 6

SCSD School of Choice Program       School of Choice Application  

If you are enrolled in Southgate Community Schools, but have moved out of the District and want to continue to be a Titan, you must use our School of Choice process to stay enrolled. 


Southgate Community Schools offers general transportation to eligible families.  Check to find out if your resident child is eligible.  Students living in the orange areas for the school are considered eligible. To register for transportation, fill out a transportation form. For additional information about transportation, go to our transportation page.

2023-2024 transportation Registration     TRANSPORTATION ELIGIBILITY MAPS

2024-2025 Transportation registration



Please note that while most forms are available through the online enrollment process, forms with an asterisk may be submitted at your child's school.
Shared Living *Intra-District Transfer Form (For Elementary desiring a building change)

Kindergarten Age Waiver Form (Required if born between Sept 1 - Dec. 1)

*Change of Address Form
Registration Form (Required) Must include documents listed below. *Hold Harmless Agreement (Required if the school is responsible for administering medication)
Consent for Immunization Disclosure (For new enrollees, Kindergarten, and 7th grade) *Medical Authorization Form (Required for medications) SEE *Hold Harmless Agreement

Concussion Form (Required)

*Latchkey Information

Pesticide Notification Opt-In (Required) 

Media and Information Opt-Out (Optional) 

*Release of Records Department of Special Services (Required for students receiving special services)
Release of Records (Required) *Volunteer Background Check (Required for Chaperones and Classroom Volunteers)
Technology Acceptable Use Agreement (Required)  



Resources and Information

Elementary - Pre-K through Grade 5

Elementary School Boundaries Map

Before you pre-enroll your student(s) please check the district boundary map to find out which school is your home school for Kindergarten through Fifth Grade.  If you are unsure of your home school, please contact Connie Swistara at (734) 246-4600 x 6219.

Elementary Schools

Allen Elementary, 16500 McCann Ave, Southgate (734) 246-4644 - Principal, Mrs. Chilson

Fordline Elementary, 14775 Fordline St., Southgate (734) 246-4640 - Principal, Mrs. Brown

Grogan Elementary, 13300 Burns St. Southgate (734) 246-4642 - Principal, Mr. Himick

Shelters Elementary, 12600 Fordline St., Southgate (734) 246-4631 - Principal, Mrs. Smith

Elementary Programs

Our elementary schools offer free preschool for eligible students, Young 5's, latch-key, and free breakfast and lunch for all students. 

Early Childhood Programming and Registration Process

North Pointe Elementary, 18635 Bowie St., Southgate  (734) 282-2861 - Principal, Ms. Danielle Jozwiak
North Pointe Elementary with International Baccalaureate Primary Years candidacy.  Find out more about the International Baccalaureate program! To place your child on the wait list for this limited program, please call 734-282-2861.

Secondary - Grades 6-12

Grades 6-8 attend Davidson Middle School and grades 9-12 attend Anderson High School. Virtual education for grades 6-12 is available through the Atlas program.

Asher Alternative Education is available for students who are seeking credit recovery, GED, or ESL educational opportunities outside of the traditional high school environment.  Please contact 734-246-4633 for more information about High School Diplomas, GED, Adult Basic Education, ESL.

Asher's Community Education provides enrichment opportunities for adults.