Enrollment Information and Forms
Thank you for your interest in Southgate Schools! It’s a great time to become a Titan!
Student enrollment is completed in person by a parent or legal guardian at the school your child will be attending, during regular school hours. Please call the building office to set up an appointment.
During summer break, enrollment applications can be completed at the Board of Education office from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
For grades K-5, if you are unsure of your home school, please contact Theresa Grzechowski, 734-246-4600, to identify which elementary school your child will attend - Allen, Fordline, Grogan or Shelters. A Young 5's program, latchkey and pre-school services are available as well as free breakfast and lunch for all elementary students.
Grades 6-8 attend Davidson Middle School and grades 9-12 attend Anderson High School. Southgate has online and blended learning options through the Atlas program as well as an alternative high school program at Asher Alternative Education. If you are looking for community enrichment programs, visit Asher's Community Education site.
When enrolling your student, please bring the following papers to your enrollment appointment:
- Two proofs of residency - one from each of the following groups
- Mortgage, lease, rental agreement, property tax assessment or shared living form
- Current utility bill (gas, electric, cable, cell phone), voter registration, or insurance payment
- Driver's license or State ID
- Student's original birth certificate
- Student's immunization record
- Guardianship papers or court documentation (if necessary)
Important: If your child has received specialized services, like an IEP, 504 plan, etc., please bring the most current one with you.
SCHOOL OF CHOICE
All School of Choice registrations must be completed in person at Southgate Board of Education Offices 14600 Dix Toledo Rd (2nd floor of Southgate City Hall).
- Kindergarten for 2019/2020- CLOSED-Applications accepted from March 4 through March 15, 2019. A second application period will begin July 30 and run through August 16, 2019.
- Grades 1st through 12th -CLOSED-The Board of Education must approve the application period for 2019/2020. If approved the application period will be July 29 through August 16, 2019.
- Required documentation for School of Choice enrollment: Original Birth Certificate, Immunization Record and Parent's Picture ID or Driver's license.
- For more information contact 734-246-4600 x 6208
Please note that while most forms are available online, we require all parents or legal guardians to complete this process in-person and provide a copy of the birth certificate in-person.
|Registration Packet (Required)||Shared Living|
|Release of Records (Required)||Latchkey Information|
|Pesticide Notification Form (Required)||Change of Address Form|
|Internet Use Policy (Required)||Intra-District Transfer Form (For Elementary desiring a building change)|
|Concussion Form (Required for Secondary)||Medical Authorization Form (Required for medications)|
|Volunteer Background Check (Required for Chaperones)||Hold Harmless Agreement (Required if the school is responsible for administering medication)|
|Release of Records Department of Special Services (Required for students receiving special services)|