Southgate Schools»Anderson High School
Bookmark and Share

About Anderson High School


Dr. Michelle Baker-HerringAnderson Principal
Jason Martin
Assistant Principal, CTE Director
David Pinkowski
Assistant Principal, Athletics Director


Southgate Anderson High School

15475 Leroy

Southgate, MI 48195

P: (734) 246 - 4611

F: (734) 246 - 7840



MISSION STATEMENT

Learning for Life

 


VISION STATEMENT

Southgate Community Schools: The best choice for students and parents


STUDENT BODY

Our student body consists of 1450 students in grades nine through twelve.


HISTORY OF SCHOOL

Southgate originally had TWO high schools! Southgate High School and Schafer High School. Southgate Anderson High School opened its doors for the first time September 8, 1982 with approximately 1,400 students. During the 1981-82 school year staff members from Schafer and Southgate High Schools held numerous meetings and provided enormous input into curriculum, selecting books, altering rooms, organizing teaching materials, and assisting with the physical move. The students also contributed to a smooth transition to one high school.


Combining two high school athletic programs into one during the 1981-82 school year was not only successful, but laid a sound foundation to build upon. Student Councils from both high schools wrote a new constitution, elected officers, and assisted in selecting a school name, colors, and mascot. In October, 1982 Anderson students welcomed and entertained the alumni from the previous schools with a Homecoming Parade, football games, festivities, and dances. On November 6, 1982 a formal ceremony was held to officially dedicate the building, and to honor a very special person, Representative Thomas J. Anderson.


Gilbert Hoffman, Principal of Anderson High School 1982



Site updated on January 18, 2017